Camp Jonathan Sodwana Bay Information and rules
Click here to view the pdf version of the below
- The camp comprises of chalets, containing either 2 or 4 beds with mattresses, a power point, electric light and fan.
NO BEDDING IS PROVIDED – please bring your own.
- NO NAKED FLAMES / HEAT SOURCES (candles, lamps, heaters, braais, fires, etc.) ARE ALLOWED IN OR AROUND THE CHALETS as they present a very serious fire hazard.
- The camp is serviced by a full ablution facility with showers, baths, toilets and basins – including 2 full disabled / family bathrooms.
- The kitchen is a communal facility that has all the necessary equipment, including fridges, freezers, stoves, cutlery and crockery.
Due to the fact that fridges and freezers are shared, please ensure that you and your children only use your own food and drinks.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES may any guests or visitors tamper with any electricity, water, and / or any other equipment on the premises.
Please report any faults / problems to Camp Management.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES may the camp kitchen equipment and / or tables and chairs be removed or used outside the camp premises – please bring your own for use on the beach etc.
- There are braai facilities available – please supply your own charcoal.
- Braai fires / camp fires are only permitted in the designated braai area.
NO BRAAI FIRES / CAMP FIRES ARE ALLOWED IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE CAMP
DUE TO THE FIRE HAZARD.
- There is a swimming pool within the camp for guests only.
Visitors of guests may use the pool by prior permission from Camp Management.
- NO GLASS (bottles, glasses, etc.) may be used in the pool – please use the plastic glasses provided in the kitchen.
- The camp is serviced by our own staff daily
Please DO NOT employ your own staff to perform work within the camp premises without prior permission from Camp Management.
- An amount of undercover parking is available – please park considerately.
- 24 hour security is provided, within our fenced area.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will any pets of any kind be accommodated in the camp.
- DUE TO THE CLOSE PROXIMITY OF ALL CAMP FACILITIES, LOUD MUSIC, VULGAR LANGUAGE, SWEARING, LOUD TALKING / SHOUTING, AND ANY OTHER DISRESPECTFUL / OBSCENE BEHAVIOUR THAT COULD RESULT IN CONFLICT BETWEEN GUESTS, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL AND CANCELLATION OF THE BOOKING OF THE GUILTY PARTY / PARTIES WITHOUT A REFUND.
- The beach is approximately 4 km from the camp.
- There is currently a R 25 per adult and R 20 per child fee per day to enter into the National Park – this is an iSimangaliso Wetland Authority fee which is revised every November.
- Beach driving is regulated by iSimangaliso Wetland Authority - rules concerning this must be verified directly with them – they can be contacted at 035 571 0051 during office hours.